glitter graphic

Popular Posts

Monday, July 9, 2012

example of a long essay

 WHAT I DO DURING MY FREE TIME 

      There are 3 things that I usually do during my free time and that is blogging, reading story books and singing. These 3 things are what I mostly prefer to do and what I mostly love to do to fill up my spare time.  


       I usually update my blog during my free time. I’m currently managing 4 blogs of my own and one of my class blog which in totals to 5 blogs and this is also why I’m known as a super blogger amongst my friends . My blogs consist of fashion inputs, my own personal stories, best friends’ sayings, poems and lastly, an education blog. Actually to be exact my education blog is an English education blog that consists of poems, short stories, some writing examples and a lot more other articles that may improve your language skills. My most famous blog is the English education blog that goes by the name English Corner 101. It has had about 20 000 hits since I first made it live in Blogger on January 1st 2010. On the other hand, my other 3 blogs aren’t that bad as well. They are currently getting about 5 000 hits.

        I could lose track of time once I started updating my blogs. Once, I started to update my blog at about 7 in the morning and suddenly I only realised that it was already 3 in the afternoon.

       Other than blogging, I also love to read classical stories 'Phantom of the Opera', 'Tom Sawyer', and 'The Prisoner of Zenda' are among my favourites. I could go on for hours reading a classical story without ever feeling bored. I sometimes found myself completely immersed into a story. The stories were so simultaneously interesting and exciting. By reading a lot of classical stories I can improve my language skills and also get a lot of ideas for my own stories or essays.

       Finally, the last thing that I love to do during my spare time is to sing. I would turn on the music and sing to my heart’s content. Especially when my parents and my two siblings are out of the house, which is the time when I could release my stress and sing as loudly as I liked. I prefer pop music but I also love other genres such as rock and jazz. In my opinion singing is a very effective way of releasing one’s stress rather than shouting or venting one’s anger towards others. Actually I have a lot more things that I like to do during my spare time but these 3 things are what I would usually prefer to do. Other things such as eating junk food and sleeping are also things that I like to do during my free time, but I wouldn’t regard them as my hobby.


(475 words)

No comments:

FLASH MESSAGE